Derailment of 14 coaches (12 coaches of Sleeper Class, S2 to S11, SE1, SE2 & 2 General Coaches GS1,GS2 ) of Train No.12741 (Vasco Da Gama – Patna) Express took place near starter signal at Manikpur Station on Manikpur- Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh, Double line, Á’ route, Electrified section of Allahabad Division over North Central Railway at 04.18 hrs on 24.11.2017.
Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister for Railways has announced enhanced ex gratia of Rs. 5 Lakhs each to the next of kin of the deceased, Rs.1 lakh to grievously injured and Rs.50,000/- to persons who sustained simple injuries.
Commissioner of Railway Safety/NE Circle shall conduct inquiry into this accident.
In this unfortunate incident, 03 passengers lost their lives, 03 passengers got grievously injured and 06 passengers sustained simple injuries in this fateful accident.
Upon receiving the news about this accident, Shri Ashwani Lohani, Chairman, Railway Board, Shri M.C.Chauhan, General Manager, North Central Railway, Shri S.K.Pankaj, DRM Allahabad and other senior officers rushed to the accident site.
Relief and Rescue:
- Accident Relief Medical Van (ARMV) Allahabad was immediately ordered 04.35hrs, left 05.05 hrs and reached the site at 06.35 hrs.
- Accident Relief Medical Van (ARMV) Satna ordered 04.35 hrs, arrived 06.05 hrs.
- Accident Relief Trains (ART) Allahabad ordered 04.35 hrs, left 05.10 hrs and reached the site at 07.08 hrs.
- Accident Relief Trains (ART/CNB) along with 140t Crane ordered, left 06.45 hrs.
- Front portion of 7 coaches cleared from site at 07.25 hrs along with 750 passengers.
- One special train has been arranged from Manikpur for rest 450 passengers, reached Manikpur at 09.40 hrs.
Other Important Measures:
- Adequate Ambulance have been arranged to clear injured passengers from site.
- Help Line Numbers have been set up at important stations including, Jabalpur, Satna, Katni, Itarsi, Mughalsarai, manikpur, Allahabad, Mirzapur and Chunar stations to for public assistance.
- Adequate free catering arrangements have been made at site and hospitals for passengers.