MahaMetro’s Hingna Car Depot will be ready by May end. At present, it is half complete and facilities for parking the trains are available where coaches used in Reach III (Sitabuldi to Lokmanya Nagar stretch) are parked at night.
The depot has an area of 65 acres out of which 30.19 acres is to be utilized for the rolling stock maintenance work. The depot work has twelve components:
- Time and Security Office (TSO): for the usage of security purposes as the depot is restricted for common citizens. It is complete.
- Auto Coach Wash Plant (ACWP): for the machineries of the wash plant bed where the train is washed from the outside. It is also complete.
- Traction Substation (TSS): Steps down 33 KV supply from MSEDCL to 25 KV. It is ready.
- Auxiliary Substation (ASS): steps down 33 KV to low tension (LT) level, is under construction.
- Underground Tank Pump Room: to provide water supply to different buildings inside the depot. It is under construction.
- Maintenance Building: under construction.
- Pit Wheel Lathe (PWL): to have a wheel-orientation machine where the wheel profile is checked on regular intervals. It is under construction.
- Engineering Train Unit (ETU): to store the track machines rerailing equipment is complete.
- Internal Cleaning Platform (ICP): will be used to clean the inside and underfloor of the rolling stock. Currently, this building is being used for maintenance of the rolling stock as the maintenance building is under construction.
- Unloading Platform: It is complete, here the new train is unloaded with the help of the unloading equipment.
- Stabling Lines: Here the Rolling Stock is stabled, work is under progress.
- Biodigester: Work yet to be started.