Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co. Ltd. (STEC) emerged as the lowest bidder for the construction of 5.6 km underground section between New Ashok Nagar and Sahibabad of Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor.
NCRTC had invited global bids for the underground civil construction package in November last year and the Technical bids for were opened on 16 March 2020. A total of five national and multinational bidders had participated in the tender process. The position of financial bids submitted are as under:-
- Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co. Ltd. (STEC): Rs 1,126 crore (L-1)
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd. (L&T): Rs 1,170 crore (L-2)
- Gülermak Agir Sanayi Insaat ve Taahhut A.S. (Gulermak): Rs 1,326 crore (L-3)
- Tata Projects Ltd.- SKEC JV: Rs 1,346 crore (L-4)
- Afcons Infrastructure Ltd.: Rs 1,400 crore (L-5)
Scope of work
The scope of work includes Design and Construction of twin tunnels New Ashok Nagar DN Ramp to Sahibabad UP Ramp and One Under Ground Station at Anand Vihar including Architectural Finishing and Design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Electrical and Mechanical Systems including Fire detection & suppression Systems and Hydraulic systems.
The STEC has to complete the tunnelling work between New Ashok Nagar and Sahibabad in 1095 days after issuance of the letter of acceptance (LoA) by NCRTC.